SHARMAINE THÉRÈSA PRETORIUS [SHARM. T. P]
Before you enter the website, please be sure to read the “Legal Terms and Conditions of Use” regarding this website. You can find it; here: Legal Terms and Conditions of Use – ARTS SHOWROOM
- The artist was born, on 16 November 1963, in the Republic of South Africa. She is currently residing in Simeonovgrad in Bulgaria, after having lived in the Sultanate of Oman between August 2010 and April 2022. Her penname is ‘Ilza’.
- Sharmaine married Willem Lodewyk Pretorius on; 04/04/2004. He is an, English university tutor/ lecturer, economist, Aikido instructor and an artist as well, who loves drawing and abstract photography.
- She is a prodigy with the gift ‘to see in the spiritual realm’ without any formal art training.
- A synesthete trying to incorporate her experiences in order to live as normal a life as possible.
- She counts ancestors from Europe, Africa, Asia, and the Middle East.
- The artist has been drawing for the past fourteen and a half years. ArtFacts is the world’s largest art database, providing current information and analysis on artists, exhibitions and institutions. Sharmaine is currently ranked among the Top 100,000 artists, globally. https://artfacts.net/artist/sharmaine-theresa-pretorius/693845
- Skilled in neurological psychology, medical and forensic science, aviation mechanics, and management as well as multi-cultural mediation, negotiation, and adaptability, holding more than 600 continuing education credits, spread over safety and security, health, and emergency service fields.
- The artist is CEO of her own startup company, specializing in research (data science) across various subject matter, mostly in cyberspace, as a service to a confidential client base and busy completing pilot projects for educational research.
- This allows her to work flexible hours, as she has to continuously consider her health situation. Heart to art – KoolOman
- She sells her art by invitation only, as part of a bespoke service, to art collectors, who journey with her through her processing her artworks.
- She completed one solo public exhibition in February 2018: ‘Enclosure Fathom Part 1’ and, ‘Enclosure Fathom Part 2’ – had its private opening in Oman during December 2019. The second solo exhibition was planned to take place, across three different countries: Nizwa, Sultanate of Oman, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUaTiHtf8bs Mallorca, Spain https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmdafYD2YyY and Mtskheta, Georgia https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfllgjdMSX8 . Unfortunately, the Covid – 19 situation forced a change of plans. The exhibition is a digital collection of 77 plus works. It also formed part of an art collectors’ virtual race across the world, by invitation only. The exhibition is planned to be completed by the end of 2023.
- She has drawn international attention during 2017 being acknowledged as an emerging artist.
- See her exhibition list here: EXHIBITION LIST – SHARM.T.P (artshowroom.org)
- She signs her work on the bottom of each picture or photograph as well as at the back, and adds one blue rose to the end product – see (5520) A.
- A holographic security patch sticker is affixed to each work upon its sale, unique to the artist, and securely coded.
- Sharmaine’s recent most notable show was the 13th Biennale Florence – Eternal Feminine | Eternal Change at Florence Biennale in Florence, Italy in 2021. She is an established artist, who has consistently moved up the ranks, especially during 2021.
- The artist is fascinated by the codes which program us biologically. Her work is a personal interpretation of Vanitas, using Chladni style vibrational sound waves collected directly from the spiritual realm.
- A touch of Edward Collier exhibits another layer of the artistic, inspirational spectrum. She sees herself as merely an interpreter, an observer of what ‘simply is’, seeing her work as a puzzle, a map and a musical composition.
- Most of the works in her collections, are of A4 or A3 size, created with a combination of coloring pens, wool, and fine calligraphy pens, and watercolor paint. She also transfers some of her work onto glass, with the assistance of gifted artisans in the country of Armenia.
TYPES OF ART:
- She creates drawings and later photograph them and rework them to reflect what she really sees. Her drawings are just postage stamps, ’emoticons’ / blueprints of what she actually experiences on a much bigger scale. She also creates short video clips called Zoetropes, combining videos of her drawings or photographs, with the songs of soprano Maria – Elizabeth Bezuidenhout and the music of John Rojas (Duo4Musicians).
- She has 40 collections on inventory, which she has completed over the years. She is slowly bringing them online, in order to showcase them to a wider audience.
The artist worked on the collections while in the Republic of South Korea, and has continued working on it throughout her travels which have included Japan, the Republic of South Africa, Hong Kong, New Delhi in India, & Shanghai – Zulijiao in the Republic of China, Sultanate of Oman, Russia, Georgia, Turkey, Armenia etc.
The work has taken many years to see, to download from the spiritual realm, and many more to translate into its current artistic interpretation.
She started adding a ’wool element’ to most work during 2016. The positive energy of the buyers of her art is as important to her as the positive energy with which she has visualized, formed, and presented in her art.
The artist encourages the buyers of her art to enter into a relationship with her, and her art, as part of an ongoing relationship that can be characterized as a holographic soul memory exchange.Audio Player
- Hans Zimmer_ Now we are free /The Horse Whisperer/ fan made.
- Yvonne S. Moriarty [Orchestrator]
- Album: Gladiator
- Licensed to YouTube by AdRev for a 3rd Party (on behalf of Decca US (Classics)); SOLAR Music Rights Management, LatinAutor, Sony ATV Publishing, UMPI, UMPG Publishing, UNIAO BRASILEIRA DE EDITORAS DE MUSICA – UBEM, CMRRA, LatinAutor – UMPG, LatinAutor – SonyATV, ASCAP, and 12 Music Rights Societies